Author Renee Krejci
Grooms are increasingly becoming more and more involved in planning weddings with their brides. Grooms want to feel important too. After all, it IS his day too. How can we positively handle grooms wanting to be part of the planning process? Well, here’s some good tips to make the planning process a positive experience with the groom involved.
- Allow him to handle anything involving the groomsmen.
- Let him choose the tuxes or formal wear for the groomsmen
- Allow him to handle the gifts for the groomsmen.
- Allow him to come to tastings for cake and food
- Allow him to have a groom’s cake that he can choose the flavor and style
- Allow him to help pick songs you want played.
- Allow him to handle his own family, his mother, his guest list
- Allow him to handle transportation such as a limo or vintage care etc.
- Allow him to handle the honeymoon planning
- Allow him to help with the registry. You can have fun together with picking items for your home.
If your groom doesn’t want to be part of the planning, then you probably don’t have a lot to worry about. You can carry on and plan the way you have.
If your groom wants to be part of the planning, allow him to. He wants to be needed. He doesn’t want to be forgotten about. He deserves some of the focus on him. He doesn’t want to be left out. And, to be honest, some of those things it’s nice to hand off to someone else to handle. That makes a little less stress on you. Embrace your groom being part of this special time in your life. It’s a good sign. Enjoy the planning process together.
Do you have any ideas to to share? Let us know in your comments.
Would you like to have your wedding featured? Use the Contact Form, we would love to feature you!
Author Renee Krejci is a wedding planner and owner of RCK Weddings & Design, LLC. She has been planning, designing and coordinating weddings and events for 14 years. She is a wife and mother of 2 living in Virginia. Renee was a DIY bride and loves giving tips and ideas to aid the DIY bride.
Tagged: grooms help in wedding plans, grooms helping in wedding planning, Grooms Part in planning a wedding, grooms support in planning a wedding, grooms wedding planning, how can a groom help in planning a wedding, how can groom help plan a wedding, wedmepretty.com, what can a groom do in planning a wedding
Date: March 24, 2015